{June 21, 2004}  

Vegas and Such

My Vegas trip last weekend was great. I wish it had been longer, but it was a great getaway. It was also good to spend time with my Uncle Frank and Aunt Margaret, even though they like to argue a little more than I thought.

The first day that we were there, we checked into the MGM Grand, took our stuff to the rooms, then met up to tour the hotel. We walked around and my aunt and uncle were talking about what we were going to do, where everything was, etc. We also walked over to NYNY and stopped for a minute on the bridge to take in the lights of the strip. It was a really incredibly sight from where we were. We also played the Elvis slot machine, where if you hit a certain roll, he sings for you. I ended up winning $150! Later, my aunt went to bed and my uncle and I stayed up for slot machines and a few drinks. It was about 4am over there, which meant it was about 6 or 7am over here. I was soooo tired but my uncle wanted me to play one more slot machine, a dollar slot, before we went up. So I put in about $200, got down to $133, then BAM! Ding, ding, ding, ding! I hit the jackpot! I won the progressive $1,014!!! And be sure that I came home with it, you betcha!!! It was sooo cool. And right before that, my uncle was going on and on about how no one ever wins at slot machines, yadda yadda yadda.

So the day after (Fri) we hung out at the pool for a few hours and later went to see Cirque du Soleil “O.” Before that we went to eat at the Venician (sp?), and afterwards ran through a couple of casinos to run and see the dancing fountains in front of the Bellagio. That was a really pretty sight and I got a little video, minus the sound. “O” was a really awesome show, and it’s so true that it’s really hard to explain when someone asks what it’s about. All you can say is, “well, there’s water.” Everything else you just have to see. After all of this we went back to MGM and I meant to only take a nap for an hour, but invariably fell asleep the whole night. That means I fell asleep at 1am and woke up at 9:30am on sat. That made for a very long last night in Vegas.

On Saturday we went to the pool again. It’s nice that there are adult pools for people to just relax and not have to worry about screaming kids. There was also some very NICE eye candy, but at the same time, there were people there who had no business wearing what they were wearing. That night we went to see Blue Man Group. THAT was SO fun! Being a percussionist, I appreciated all of the drumming and rhythm, but the show also had comedy and was colorful and extremely entertaining. I’m glad we got to go. After the show we went to the Tropicana and saw a comedy show. While waiting for the show, we played some slot machines. My aunt ended up winning about $250, and I won about $100. The comedy show was good, but I was dissapointed with the headliner. The lady who opened made me laugh harder than he did. And later we went back to MGM to gamble more. My uncle tried to get me to play blackjack, but he wouldn’t let me play, he just kept telling me what to do and wouldn’t let me call my own cards EVEN THOUGH I know how to play! I was pretty irritated with that, so I decided I didn’t want to play anymore. So we played slot machines the rest of the night. I went up at about 3am and to sleep at about 4:30.

Our flight was at 12:45 on sunday, so we woke up and left at about 10:45. The flight home was EXTREMELY long because flights were delayed going into Houston. So we flew in circles for about 1.5 hours out west of SA. My flight was delayed about an hour and the gate changed 3 times. I finally got to Austin at about 10:30pm central time. AND they lost my luggage. Luckily they delivered it to me the next day.


My new job is going pretty good. The lady is nice, but kinda ditzy. And they have 2 adorable chihuahuas. Graphic design just may BE the route I’ll end up going in. Well, at least my boss likes my stuff. We’ll see how things work out. My only concern is how far south my job is and how much farther it will be once I move this week. Oh yeah I’m moving into a new apartment off of Metric this week. It’s only 5 min further north than I am now, but that’s five minutes earlier I’m going to have to wake up.

Other than that, my birthday is also this week. I will be the big 2-2 on thursday. Big woopie. I went home this weekend, my mommy made me a cake and my fam sang to me. It was nice, and I was able to see my dad for father’s day. Too bad he had to go to work later. It’s going to be a busy week. Hope everything’s going well for everyone else.


slots says:

Hello lexi682, been looking for the latest info on slimslots and found this post. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.

Fiji- Home Business says:

Hey, you have a great blog
I have a Bangladesh- Home Businesssite.
If you’re interested come and check it out.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

et cetera
%d bloggers like this: